Monday 23 June 2008

Muirmill Derby

Good morning,

Yesterday was the Derby at Muirmill and Stacey and Remy did the Derby at 85 cm. They had one pole down and were 6th. I was very pleased with both of them and really didnt expect her to do better. The rain was so hard that Shelby withdrew, everyone was soaked to the skin. But after waiting for nearly 4 hours, we werent giving up without a go!

I did tell Stacey she didnt have to if she didnt feel safe and to just go steady, not take any risks. So they went really well, it was just unfortunate that the others in the 85cm class has already been in the 55, 65, and 75 cm classes! So they already had seen all the jumps and knew the ground and all the shortcuts...I would have been shocked if Stace and Remy did any better than they did.

I am really looking forward to Italy at the end of the week, leave on Wednesday, and NOT at the crack of dawn...even better! It will be a working holiday as I am gong for a seminar, but Tom is meeting me there and An and Michael arrived Sunday night for a few days break before the seminar starts. I can't wait! Ahhhh...

No comments: