Thursday 19 June 2008

Well, we (me and Tiva) met Debbie Flemming and Ella and their dogs at 7.30 a.m. last Saturday and we headed down to the Champ show in Preston. Ella did really well with her Gronendal, BP dog and BP bitch were litter mates, bred by Ella, and her bitch took BPIS! Tiva showed well and had a very pleasing critique, but the judge (Mr. Sonny Strom)put a stick on her and she's 54 cm, not the required 57, and so he wouldnt place her higher than last. Other than saying that her ears were a bit big (I'm sure she'll grow into them) and she could use more charbonnage (again, she IS still a puppy, his comments were very positive... "exc head & expression. high set ear-a bit big. parallel lips. bite & teeth ok. nice mask. enough neck. gd back. well angulated. enough chest. Ex bone for size. Gd feet. Moves with v gd balance & stride. Ex coat & colour. Could do with more charbonnage" I am ok with not being better placed, but I feel she still has time to grow and it is only an inch that she needs. When are they expected to reach full height? Aside from that, we had a lovely, successful day. My friend, and Tiva's breeder, Jan, did well with her Mali's and I was torn when BPIS was being judged. Who to root for? My old friend and tivas breeder, Jan? My new friends Ella (groney puppy owner/breeder) and Debbie (handling)? Or perhaps simply the Terv? I was glad I didn't have to choose and, in the end the Gronendal was triumphant! So, the ride home was good as well!

No comments: