Saturday 21 June 2008

Horsey News Today


Hi All,
Well, the last few days were very eventful. The highlight was that, on Thursday, Stacey rode Remy in the clear rounds, outdoors at Muirmill. He was very keen and while he wouldn't settle down in his warm up (she would have needed another 1/2 hour) he jumped lovely and she rode him really well. As it turns out, this Sunday is the Derby at Muirmill (Remy and I were 3rd out of 50, 2 or 3 years ago, the picture at the top is him in the lineup!) So we are planning to take Remy, Stacey will ride, Colin and Odin, Shelby and Onyx. However, it is raining cats and dogs, so if the ground is boggin or it's still raining, we'll not be going anywhere!



Friday was eventful. The police showed up at my door; but I must start that story on Wednesday evening...I had Tiva in the back yard and was throwing the toy for her from up in the back corner. As J. came through the (already open) gate, Tiva ran up. I called her to come back and she stopped at the end of MY bit of garden and came back.

J. came on round the drive and shouted over to me, I said I wasn't happy about what she said and then her husband came out and started shouting as well. At which point Tiva came running over, from behind me so I didn't see her to shout her to stop and I didn't hear her because she was neither barking nor growling. She ran up and stopped short of J. who reached out and swung out with her arm. As Tiva jumped back, eyes still on J., her husband drew back his leg and round-house kicked her in the ribs. I was sick. Shouted 'stop that' and he swung round and planted his foot on my raised garden and got right up in my face and growled 'I'll kill that dog'.

Then he shouted something about her being out of control. I said 'she's not out of control, she didnt bark or growl or bite'. Then J. started shouting about something on her sleeve and showing it to me saying 'what's that what's that'. I almost laughed, probably would have if i wasnt so angry and upset, shocked really. I said slobber (it was from where she swiped at Tiva, it was a small (bout an inch) of foamy slobber. He started shouting 'prove it, prove it'. I said, prove what. 'That she didnt bite her', he shouted. I said 'she didnt, show us the bite then, where's the bite mark?', he was so ridiculous, I was almost laughing. I said do you want to stand there repeating yourself or discuss this? Anyway, I eventually got into the house, shaking like a leaf. At first tho, I couldnt find Tiva. As it turned out, she had run into the house and was in the scullery.

So I spoke to my solicitor the next morning (Thursday) and he suggested I NOT call the police as it would just inflame the situation and gave me the number of a mediator. I called them and they told me what they do (didnt sound like much)and said I would think about it.

And then the police show up on Friday! They were very biased (oh, did I mention the guy upstairs is a cop???)and also suggested mediation. I said I had already considered it but didn't think they (upstairs) would go for it and they said they would go back upstairs and speak to them about it. They were up there for another 1/2 hour before I saw the car leave. So I guess I'll call the mediator 1st thing Monday. It is all very depressing.

Maybe tomorrow will cheer me up.

No comments: