Sunday 1 June 2008

Sunday news

Hello and Happy Sunday,

Well, the weekend was a bit of a wash. Saturday was gorgeous and sunny and hot. I went down to the fun show in Ayr and set up beside the ring. We were in the first class, AV Puppy. Gladys said there were about 30 in the class. We made the cut down to 12 and then were placed 6th, so not too bad a result. The judge spoke to me at the end (I was told a number of times that he did not speak to anyone else) and said "I realy liked that, it's really nice. It was a tough class". So, that was nice. And we got beaten by some nice dogs, so I wasn't displeased. However, the dog he put first was a GSD puppy, nice head, but it couldn't stand up straight and when it walked, it was lame. How can that be good for the breed?

Today, Sunday, we went to another 'fun show'. Now, maybe it's just me, but I have put a lot of effort into going to ringcraft classes, finding out how to best handle my dog, what kind of leash to use, what grooming needs to be done, etc. Today, we entered AV Puppy and were placed 4th of maybe 12-15 or so. BUT...the winning dog, an Irish Wolfhound, wasn't groomed, when the judge looked the dogs over he was sitting, and, when his young lad handler moved him, he had him on his right side and the dog was away from the judge, she couldn't see well how the dog moved. Now, my only question is this: if all that stuff doesnt matter then why am I wasting my time going to ringcraft class and learning to 'do things right'? In the next class
1st place was a puppy that wasnt even placed in the puppy class! Whats up with that???

Honestly, I didnt mind getting beaten, but I would like to know why??? I think I'll have to call my mentor and she can talk me down!

In other news, Remy is still lame and I cant find Epsom salts in all of Ayrshire to soak his foot in...good grief!

Guess how I got woken up this morning - at 4.30 a.m. I might add? A live bird landed on my shoulder, I thought it was Tiva pawing me to get out. I turned over to ignore her and 'flap flap flap' it flew away to the top of my wardrobe! So I had to get up and try to catch it and put it out. It got behind my wardrobe and I had to pull out my dresser, to then pull out the wardrobe. At which point I caught it only to lose it again! At that point it flew into the back of Tiva's crate (that she sleeps in without a door) and settled. I went and got the door, put it on and hauled the entire crate outside and took the top off and birdie flew away...whew. I went back to bed. I think I'll just stick with an alarm clock, thanks very much!

Enough for now, gonna go nurse my sunburn...

Bridgit

No comments: