Wednesday 28 May 2008

SKC and NBSDC Weekend


I am going to back track this entry to last weekend. On Friday, the 16th, I had the car all loaded and just had to throw in myself and the dog, Tiva, and off we set to Strathclyde Country Park to meet 5 other gals and their 13 other dogs! We were all camping over the weekend and competing in the Scottish Kennel Club (SKC) Championship show on Saturday and the Northern Belgian Shepherd Dog Club (NBSDC) on Sunday.


I arrived about 7.30 (TomTom did well) and as I set up my tent, Jan was heating chili on the stove. Sue and Jacqui had a French loaf and Ann provided the cooking facilities...thanks to all of them. Lisa was our other 'team member', she and Jan were Tiva's breeders! We had a great, open-air dinner and talked and got to know each other and hit our sleeping bags about 11.30.

It was soooo cold that I was up about 5.30 and had Tiva walked and ready for our day..NERVOUS. We left for Ingliston about 7.30 and got there in time get a good space ringside and we settled in.

I am so new at this that I can't remember all the awards that 'our gang' got ~ but we really cleaned up! I had Tiva in Puppy Bitch (PB) where we got 2nd and in Jr. Bitch (JB) which we won! You could have knocked me over with a feather! Jan made two of her dogs up to champions and did well with her others, in fact, she went into Best in Show! Ann, Lisa, Sue and Jacqui all placed well, though I cant ennumerate all the wins, as I said, it's all still Greek to me. So it was a great day for TEAM BONVIVANT.
Having placed in the top four also means that Tiva has qualified for Crufts...WOW.

Sunday we had sunny, hot, and windy weather and TEAM BONVIVANT had a repeat of all that success, except for me and Tiva. We got nothing in PB and, though we did win JB, well, we were the only entry. It's still a pretty ribbon, though! Our personal success was that, with Lisa's patient help, Tiva spent the day happily sprawled out in her new crate! Now I won't have to have her constantly attached to my wrist and will be a bit freer to move about.

I have to say thank you to the whole team for all their help, support, and kind words...thankyouthankyouthankyou! And I look forward to seeing you all again over the summer.

Bridgit

2 comments:

shotzi12 said...

Hi Bridgit
Photos are gorgeous. good interesting information very upbeat

Sheena

shotzi12 said...

Hi Bridgit
Pictures are gorgeous, entertaining information. very upbeat.
Sheena