Tuesday 8 July 2008

Finally getting around to an update! Friday was meant to be spent at the Eglinton Horse Trials watching the horses go cross country. It didn't turn out that way however! I stopped for diesel and ~ oop ~ filled up, to the tune of £60, with petrol! I had the sense not to turn the car on, but it still had to be towed to the garage and they couldn't drain it until later in the day, so no horse trials for me and Tiva!

Instead, I we came home and went on the beach for a while and then I came in and started cooking for my party the next day. Potato salad, carrot cake, devilled eggs, and ribs, chicken and pork shoulder on to marinade. Lots of pressure off for the next day.

So, that was Friday. On Saturday I did the rest of the cooking...smoked the pork shoulder and shredded it and made the BBQ sauce for it, smoked the ribs and made the sauce, made the baked beans, Waldorf salad, and green salads, iced the cake, and still managed to get a bet down on a friends horse.

The horse, Sacriledge, went of at 9-2 and won! So, I made £52...yeah!

Julie and Robert and the girls arrived at 5.00 and they had made all sorts of red, white and blue balloon decorations the day before and put them out about the house on Saturday. They were lovely. Everyone else started arriving about 6 and we partied til 1.30. Everyone loved the food and there were no leftovers. That is definately a first! Well, not quite true, there was Waldorf Salad left over, I guess I'll have to serve that for the next 8 years before it gets eaten...

As for Tiva, she is well and enjoying her romps on the beach. We are looking forward to going to Jan's in August, it won't be long now. Mom will be arriving next week as well, so the rest of the summer is looking busy.

TTFN...

No comments: