Sunday 25 January 2009

Well I'm back. With the first news (if not the first post) of the new year.

Not much to report for New Year's Eve or the day itself. But on the 2nd we went to a lovely lunch at Kim and Tom's house. We ended up there for about six hours, we had such a lovely time and the lunch was nice and light and very tasty.

I got back to work on the Monday and it hasnt' been too slow at all. The 'Christmas Crunch' is always a concern, but this year we have the credit crunch as well to consider. But, so far, so good.

Last Sunday Sean and I (and Tiva in the back of the Kia) joined Nancy and Jim for a jazz concert in Irvine, at the Harbour Arts Center. It was a nice venue and the band was really good. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We came home that evening had our tea and headed to bed aobut 11. I was taking the living room trash can out to the bin and when I stepped down the back step my foot landed on a blown brick and I went ass over teakettle onto my back-side. I had to 'whisper/shout' for Sean to come help me. Tiva was trying to help, but sitting on me and putting her head on my shoulder and looking worried...well, it really wasnt that much help!

Sean came out and helped me up, got me to the sofa and brought me an ice pack. I could hobble on Monday (was quite ok with not being busy in the office) and doing much better Tuesday. On Thursday the pretty colors started coming out and it's quite green today. But I can walk. It's a long way from my heart.

Over the holidays we also saw a couple good movies. THE CHANGELING was good, but I found myself struggling to not shout at the screen! Angelina was super. Then we went to SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE ~~WOW. So different to anything I've ever seen before. Definately worth the effort to go see. There are still a couple more we want to see ~~ Revolution (ary?) Road, 7 Pounds, and Benjamin Button. That should keep us busy for a while!

Last night we went to a friends wedding reception. Wendy and Stuart had eloped to Miami to get married a couple weeks before Christmas and had the reception last night. It was really nice. They were in their wedding clothes and looked fantastic. I must say this though: I really enjoy a little sausage roll and I love cocktail weenies...but what is it with the Brits that they don't serve them hot? I met another woman there that was really nice, as well as her husband, and they invited Sean and I to her birthday party next week ~ her 30th. So, looks like we'll be busy next weekend as well!

As for the horse, there's no news because he went lame on Thursday (was ok the next day), then the dog was lame on Friday, and Sunday I fell out the door! They say bad things happen in threes, so I hope that's my 3 done!

As usual, I'll leave you with a promise of trying to update more frequently...I do try.

No comments: