Friday 21 November 2008

Jumping my horse

I recently wrote about taking Remy to Rowallan for clear rounds, and how, while it wasn't a totally disaster, it was also NOT a resounding success! Well, on Tuesday this week I went up to ride and Jane came out to give me a jump. Remy warmed up nicely and then we jumped...a meter!!! That's the highest I have ever jumped on him and it was fab-u-lous! Jane, as usual, is right. If I let him carry on, instead of trying to get him right, he jumps like a frog!

Yesterday Tiva went to the 'beauty parlor' and got all clean and fluffy. She came home looking twice her size and smelling like a new car! We sill be showing tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Also yesterday, Sean and I cooked and had the neighbors over. Dinner turned out really well, appetizer of vol-au-vents with philly and either shrimp or salmon, Stilton and Broccoli soup to start, then dinner of mallard duck, potatoes dauphinoise, green beans, stuffing, and home made cranberry sauce as well! For desert? Baileys Cheesecake! Then coffee and cards.

We taught them how to play Euchre and played girls vs guys. It was one game apiece and 11 o'clock, so, hometime. The said they enjoyed it, so we'll have them over soon for the rubber match!

More after the show tomorrow...

Bridgit

No comments: